Trout fishing is one of the most popular types of sport fishing around today. Would you like to know how to fish like the pros? Do you want trout fishing tips that really work? Who better to get your tips from than other trout fishermen who have “been there” and “done that”? Here are some of the best trout fishing tips from real trout fisherman that we could find and we are sharing them with you right now!
Remember the more you learn about trout fishing, the better you will be at it. A lot of trout fishing technique is trial and error, live and learn type information so taking tips from other fishermen is a great way to improve your own skills. If you want to improve your trout fishing, then you must read these tips below. If you have never been trout fishing before, then keep these tips in mind when you go and have more luck in your first attempt.
Tips for better trout fishing:
- Use a triple hook instead of a single hook
- Use something orange in color as bait
- Use power bait (such as the yellow corn types)
- Use just enough bait to cover the hook and no more.
- Collar hook a night crawler with a marshmallow directly above the hook on the line
- Use an egg sinker and a swivel above it with anywhere from 12 to 22 inches of line and the bait rigged on a snell hook
- Use pink or yellow salmon eggs
- Use heavy line when fishing in murky water
- Use light line when fishing in clear water
- When the water is muddy and flowing fast (such as after a rain) it is hard to catch trout and best to wait for better conditions
- Be prepared- at all times be prepared for anything and be flexible and willing to change your tactics if need be. Trout are often unpredictable.
If you want to know more about trout fishing, in addition to reading more online, you can also ask real fishermen for trout fishing tips. Ask them about what works for them and what doesn’t. Remember that these are just opinions and also that every trout is different on any given day but listen to advice, hints and tips from those who have been there- they may help greatly.
These are just a few tips we’ve found for trout fishing from real trout fisherman that we hope will make your next trout fishing adventure a bit easier or more fun. Enjoy!