Not many places you can throw up a triple-digit day while ice fishing for walleyes — AND do it with rattlebaits (aka lipless cranks) — welcome to Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba!
Sure Lake Winnipeg is known for its giant “greenback” walleyes, but it’s also an incredible spot to get into some ridiculous numbers of fish, too…. Quality AND quantity? 👊 Sign me up!
Heard some gnarly weather was rolling though, so we booked a DIY SnoBear rental through IceBound Excursions. That way no matter what sort of curveball Mother Nature threw our way, we knew we could get out fishing and get back in one piece. Oh, and kicking our feet up with the thermostat set to 70°F was a nice change of pace too (lol).
Seriously can’t wait to get back up ice fishing in Manitoba. Now that the walleye season is closed for most of Minnesota (besides border waters) I’m thinking I better head north for some #MarchMadness next….
Thx much for watching!
Learn more about fishing in Manitoba:
Rent a SnoBear on Lake Winnipeg w/ IceBound Excursions:
Want more fishin’ tips like this? Duh!!! Sign up for the FREE Target Walleye emails:
Music by Epidemic Sound:
Byrd (Instrumental Version)
‣ 2-7/8″ (1/2-oz) LIVETARGET Golden Shiner Rattlebaits:
‣ #6 and #7 Rapala Rippin’ Raps:
‣ 10-lb Sufix Advance Mono:
‣ 12- or 14-lb Sufix Advance Fluoro:
‣ #00 and #0 VMC Crankbait Snaps:
‣ #12 or #10 VMC Rolling Swivels:
‣ 36″ MH Ice Team Professional Rod (Ross Robertson Great Lakes Walleye):
‣ Okuma Inspira Spinning Reel (ISX-20B):
‣ Simms Challenger Insulated Jacket:
‣ Simms Challenger Insulated Bibs
‣ 10″ StrikeMaster Lithium 40v: